WoodZymes Final Workshop on 04/11/2021 via ZOOM - Registration is open!
The WoodZymes Final Workshop will take place on November 4th, with participation of related BBI JU projects dealing also with lignocellulose valorisation. The workshop will be broadcasted via ZOOM (see registration link below).
Join us in this final event to know WoodZymes main achievements on the development and application of extremophilic enzymes to valorise underutilised lignin and hemicellulose fractions extracted from kraft pulp mills. Moreover, other BBI JU funded projects such as UNRAVEL and SMARTBOX will present the approach they are following to achieve full exploitation of lignocellulose biomass.
SESSION 1: BBI JU Projects on lignocellulose valorisation (9:10-11:00)
• BBI JU, the most ambitious R&I initiative for the bio-based industries. Achievements and Perspectives. Dieter Brigitta, BBI JU
• WoodZymes: Extremozymes for wood based building blocks: from pulp mill to board and insulation products. Susana Camarero, CIB-CSIC – WoodZymes Coordinator
• UNRAVEL: A unique refinery approach to valorise European lignocellulosics. André van Zomeren, TNO – UNRAVEL Coordinator
• SMARTBOX: Selective modifications of aromatics through biocatalytic oxidations. Tanja Meyer, Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant – SMARTBOX Coordinator
SESSION 2: WoodZymes Main Achievements-I (11:30-12:45)
• Extremozyme development: in search of a xylanase active at extreme conditions of temperature and alkalinity.David Talens-Perales, IATA-CSIC
• Enzymatic kraft lignin fractionation: the METNINTM technology.Petri Ihalainen, MetGen
• Xylanase-aided bleaching of kraft pulp.Nazaré Almeida, The Navigator Company
SESSION 3: WoodZymes Main Achievements-II (14:00-15:00)
• End-user applications: wood board manufacture and lignin-based PU foams.Alexandru dan Sarbu, Soprema
• Environmental and socio-economic aspects.Gerard Deroubaix, FCBA